Learning Through Difficulty

It was very hard for me when Lincoln was sick and in the hospital. I can still remember Mim being at our house taking care of us and talking and crying with me in the kitchen about how Lincoln might die, but that God was still there and had a plan for him. I was a bit angry, and sad because I didn’t think he should die, I wanted him to stay with us so that we could get to know him, play with him, and love him. It was very hard to get through, worrying and praying over him, hoping he would live. It was so hard to accept that God was in control, even when poor Lincoln was in the hospital. I am so glad that God has chosen to let Lincoln live, and live with us too!!!

I think that God could have used that hard experience to remind us to trust in him, even when it is hard because he is in control and knows what is best for us. Also, I think that Lincoln coming and being in the hospital has pulled our family together and completely redefined our definition of “miracle” and “God’s perfect plan” through experience. It is such a amazing thing to, whenever I read a miracle, to think of Lincoln and how God has worked in our life personally. I also think that Lincoln’s hospitalization has taught me patience, steadfastness, and faith.

This trial will help me in future struggles because it has taught me to trust God no matter what happens, even if I am afraid and worried. It will also help because I will remember it and how God knew what was best for me. Even if it does not turn out the way I want next time, I can know that God is in control and I can trust in him, I do not have to worry or fear.

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me,”
Psalm 23:4

Comments

Post a Comment