Eat 2 Explore Italy- Spaghetti and Meatballs

The first recipe I cooked in the Eat 2 Explore Italy box was the spaghetti, meatballs, and Caesar salad meal. Although this a recipe that is often canvassed, I enjoyed preparing this classic (although not technically Italian) comfort food. As usual, I loved the spices and dressing provided in the Eat 2 Explore box, since they greatly enhanced the flavors and appeal of the classic Italian-American comfort food. The only regret I have is that it makes it more difficult to prepare again.
Perhaps my favorite part of cooking this dish was the method of cooking the meatballs, which was to broil them. It was much easier and faster than the often-used Crockpot, baking, or frying methods, and resulted in tender, meaty spheres that were the crowning glory of the dish. 
The Caesar Salad was also lovely; I loved the salad dressing included in the box! It added a lovely citrus-y pop of flavor to the side of the rich pasta.

The final product was a tasty, rich, warm bowl of delicious pasta. The meatballs were rich and easy to prepare, the acidity of the salad and tomato sauce balanced well, along with the blank canvas of slurpable noodles.

Comments